This page includes a list of changes from High Lulani to Demotic Lulani.
A detailed up-to-date list of changes in kept at GitHub, in a Python file that applies these changes to a High Lulani word.
- Lowering of back vowels before peripheral consonants.
- Shifting of geminate consonants: unvoiced plosive → voiced plosive → voiced fricative
- I-mutation of vowels when followed by /
i/ in the next syllable.
- Palatalisation of alveolar sounds when followed by /
- Loss of /
i/ after geminate consonants.
- Degemination of consonants.
- Elision of unstressed /
ə/, followed by consonant cluster reduction.
- Reduction of remaining unstressed vowels to schwa.
©2017-2019 Ryan Eakins. Last updated: Wednesday, May 15th, 2019.