The Leipzig glossing rules are used throughout this site. A summary thereof will be presented here. The three letter abbreviations used for functional morphemes are given on the next page.
- A content morpheme is written in either roman or italic type.
- A function morpheme is written in
- A hyphen ( - ) is used to separate morphemes.
- When two or more English content morphemes correspond to a single Tinellbian morpheme, an underscore ( _ ) is used to separate them.
- When a single Tinellbian function morpheme fulfills two or more grammatical roles, a semi-colon ( ; ) is used to separate them.
©2017 Ryan Eakins. Last updated: Sunday, July 16th, 2017.